Northern Nigerian Breaking News

NCoS confirms attack on Kuje prison

The Nigerian Correctional Service  (NCoS) has confirmed that there was an attack on the Custodial Centre in the Kuje area council of the Federal Capital Territory, on Tuesday night.

This was contained in a statement by its spokesperson, Umar Abubakar, in the early hours of Wednesday.

The statement said the armed squad of the service in collaboration with other security agencies responded to the attack.

The statement however, said calm had been returned to the area.

- Advertisement -

Read Also: {JUST IN} Jail Break: 240 inmates escape in Kogi

5th aNNI

It was titled, “Medium Security Custodial Centre, Kuje attacked by gunmen.”

The statement read, “I wish to confirm that at about 2200hrs, some yet-to-be-identified gunmen attacked the Medium Security Custodial Centre, Kuje, in the Federal Capital Territory.

“However, men of the Armed Squad of the Nigerian Correctional Service and other security agencies attached to the Custodial Centre have responded and calm has been restored to the facility and the situation is under control.

“Other details will be made available soon.”

Comments are closed.