Jigawa State Government on Friday constituted a 19 member committee for the negotiation of the new minimum wage in the State.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Jigawa State Acting Head of the Civil Service, Alhaji Hussaini Ali Kila.
According to the statement, ” the committee would look into the minimum wage salary structure to be paid by the Jigawa State Government to its Civil Servants bearing in mind the approved N30,000 minimum wage pegged by the Federal Government”.
Alhaji Hussaini Ali said that the committee would work with the labour unions to negotiate the new national minimum wage for workers in the State.
Members of the committee include :
1. the Deputy Governor, Jigawa State, Alhaji Umar Namadi (CHAIRMAN)
2. Permanent Secretary, Government House, Dutse, (MEMBER)
3. Permanent Secretary, Directorate of Establishments, office of the Head of the Service ( MEMBER)
4. Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance (MEMBER)
5. Permanent Secretary, Ministry for Local Government (MEMBER)
6. Permanent Secretary, Directorate of Salary and Pension. (MEMBER)
7. Permanent Secretary, Directorate of Budget and Economic Planning (MEMBER)
8. Auditor General, Jigawa State (MEMBER)
9. The Auditor-General, Local Government (MEMBER)
10. Executive Chairman, State Universal Basic Education Board (MEMBER)
11. Executive Chairman, Board of Internal Revenue (MEMBER)
12. Chairman ALGON (MEMBER)
13. Secretary ALGON (MEMBER)
14. Director Local Government Inspection, Ministry for Local Government (MEMBER)
15. Director of Treasury Operations, Ministry of Finance ( MEMBER)
16. Director Salary, Directorate of Salary and Pension (MEMBER)
17. Director Assessment, Board of Internal Revenue (MEMBER)
18. Deputy Director of Accounts, State Universal Basic Education Board (MEMBER)
19. Acting Head of the Civil Service (SECRETARY)