Four Nigerian Pilgrims To Remain In Saudi Even After End Of Airlift-NAHCON

By Abubakar Jiddah Usman

Four Nigerian pilgrims are expected to remain on admission in some Saudi Hospitals, one in Jeddah who collapsed at the airport just about to board, the other three are in Makkah following some complications they developed after Hajj.

The Commissioner in charge of Health matters of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON, Dr. Ibrahim Abubakar Kana hinted this in special program in Makkah on Saturday.

He said one of the patients who is in Intensive Care Unit will require extra care, attention and observation long after the completion of the airlift of pilgrims back home by the fourteenth of this month as earlier scheduled.

The Commissioner further stated that, if the patient requires an attendant to be with her, NAHCON would shoulder the responsibility, until she is well and discharged.

The Commissioner who said it was normal for NAHCON to take such responsibilities for any Nigerian pilgrim; however on completion of Hajj operation, such sick cases were handed over to the Nigerian Consulate, who subsequently ensured the patients were reunited with their families in Nigeria at the expense of the government.

According to Solacebase correspondent, Dr. Ibrahim Kana confirmed that so far twenty Nigerian pilgrims died during the just concluded Hajj exercise.