Nigeria Customs Service Commences Recruitment Of Over 3,000 Officers

By Abdullateef Jos

The Nigeria Customs Service will from Wednesday begin the process of recruiting about 3,200 personnel to fill existing vacancies within the agency

The move is part of ongoing reforms being implemented in the last four years under the leadership of the Comptroller-General of Customs, Col Hameed Ali (rtd)

Speaking at a media briefing on Tuesday at the headquarters of the Service, the Acting Deputy Comptroller-General, Human Resources, Customs, Umar Sanusi, said time had come when the human resources requirements for implementing the reforms needed to be addressed.

He said the recruitment had already received the backing of the Federal Executive Council, noting that those who meet the requirements irrespective of tribe, religion and state would be considered for employment.

Giving a breakdown of the 3,200 personnel to be recruited, he said that 800 Nigerians would be recruited as support staff for Superintendent Cadre category while the balance of 2,400 would be employed under Customs Inspector and Customs Assistant cadre in the general duty categories.

He said, “Following the necessary approval from the Federal Executive Council, Nigeria Customs Service is now set to recruit officers and men to fill existing vacancies.

“Like all recruitment into position in Federal Government agencies, applications for recruitment will be open to all eligible Nigerians who meet the requirements irrespective of their tribe, religion, state or any other considerations.

“In our bid to ensure an equal and fair opportunity to all applicants, we are working every step of the recruitment process in compliance with the requirements of the Federal Character Commission.”

He assured that the Service would conduct a recruitment exercise that is credible, fair and transparent.

Sanusi also said the Nigeria Customs would also deploy all types of machinery within its powers to ensure that the integrity of the recruitment process is not compromised.

He said the recruitment exercise would be free for all participants as no application fees would be required from anyone.

NAN

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

x

Check Also

60m Nigerians Are Illiterates – FG

By Biola Adebayo Mr. Sonny Echono, Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, says nearly 60 million Nigerians are illiterates, assuring that literacy centers will reduce the high percentage of illiteracy in the country. Echono made this known on Thursday at the Federal Government College Otobi, during the inauguration of a pilot Literacy Centre for the North Central Geo-Political Zone. The permanent secretary expressed regret that the illiteracy rate among the youths and adults is high, saying that the literacy level at the lower cadre of the colleges is also alarming. According to him, Literacy Centres to be established in 104 ...

NOUN To Benefit From NCC’s Education Grants

By Abdullateef Jos The Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) says the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) will benefit from its education grants for tertiary institutions in the country. Prof. Umar Danbatta, Executive Vice Chairman of NCC gave the assurance in Abuja on Thursday when a delegation from NOUN visited him in his office to explore ways of collaborating with the commission. Mr Ephraim Nwokenneya, Director, Research and Development, NCC, who represented the Executive Vice Chairman, said the grants were part of the commission’s strategy to encourage Nigerian students in their studies. He said about 11 universities from various parts of ...

Kano PDP Guber Primary: Appeal Court Rules In Favour Of Abba Kabiru Yusuf

By Umar Isa Court of Appeal sitting in Kaduna on Thursday delivered judgment in favor of Engr. Abba Kabir Yusuf, the PDP Governorship candidate in the recent 2019 elections against Alhaji Ibrahim Al’amin Little. In a unanimous judgment the Justices of the appeal court and read by the lead judge , Justice Tanko Hussaini  set aside the judgment of a Federal High Court in Kano and confirmed Engr. Abba Kabir Yusuf as a bona fide gubernatorial candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for Kano State 2019. The court agreed with the prayers of the appellate (Engr. Abba Kabir Yusuf) ...

BREAKING: Court Orders INEC To Withdraw Buhari’s Ex-Aide, Kawu Sumaila Cert. Of Return As Rep Member-Elect

By Bashir Inuwa A Federal High Court sitting in Kano on Thursday disqualify AbdulRahman Kawu Sumaila as the duly elected representative of Sumaila/Takai federal constituency of Kano at the National Assembly. Solacebase recalled that Shamsudeen Dambazau of the APC had sued INEC, APC and AbdulRahman Kawu  Sumaila  challenging the recognition of AbdulRahman Kawu  Sumaila  as the APC House of Representatives candidate for Sumaila/Takai federal constituency. The presiding judge , Justice Lewis Allagoa ordered INEC to withdraw the certificate of return issued AbdulRahman Kawu  Sumaila  as he was not the duly elected house of representatives member for Sumaila/Takai federal constituency as ...

JUST IN: CCT Convicts Onnoghen, Bans Him From Holding Public Office For 10 Years

By Biola Adebayo The Code of Conduct Tribunal on Thursday convicted the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen of breach of Code of Conduct for Public Officers. The tribunal chairman, Danladi Umar, ordered the immediate removal of Onnoghen from office as the CJN, Chairman of the National Judicial Council and the Chairman of the Federal Judicial Service Commission. Delivering the lead judgment, the tribunal Chairman, Danladi Umar ordered the forfeiture of the five accounts which defendant failed to declare as part of his assets. The tribunal said the accused was tried as a public officer and not a ...

JUST IN: CCT Dismisses Onnoghen’s Suit Challenging Jurisdiction, Begins Judgment

The former Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen, on Thursday lost his bid to stop the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) from trying him. The tribunal which is delivery judgement on the breach of the assets declaration allegation against Onnoghen held that it was competent to hear the case. The tribunal ruled that the prosecution of former Onnoghen was in order and that it was competent to hear the case. With the ruling, the Chairman of the Tribunal, Justice Danladi Umar, at noon started delivering the judgement of the tribunal. Details later …. NAN Related

Powered by Dragonballsuper Youtube Download animeshow

%d bloggers like this: