By Bulama Kaka
The Nigerian Army on Thursday confirmed the killing of a Navy personnel during an attack by Boko Haram on Wednesday’s night at the headquarters of the 7 Brigade Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) at Baga, Borno state.
This was contained in a statement issued by Army spokesman Brig. Gen Sani Usman that said “troops along with their Nigerian Navy counterparts put up a very determined fight to repel the attack throughout the night”.
The statement expressed regret that the Navy personnel was killed in action during the encounter.
Brig. Gen Usman said : “Please recall that yesterday, Wednesday 26th December 2018 suspected Boko Haram terrorists attacked the headquarters of 7 Brigade Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF), Baga, Borno State, at about 7.00pm.
“The troops along with their Nigerian Navy counterparts put up a very determined fight to repel the attack throughout the night, while Sector 3 Operation LAFIYA DOLE sent in reinforcement who are in hot pursuit of the terrorists. Similarly, a search and rescue team has been constituted.
“The Nigerian Air Force component has also been mobilised and are engaging the fleeing terrorists.
“Unfortunately, a naval personnel was killed in action. So far, no further details of casualties yet as efforts are ongoing to clear the terrorists hiding in Baga and environs.
“We enjoin all to remain calm as the troops conduct clearance and mop up operations.
“We implore members of the general public to disregard any contrary information circulating on the attack.
“We will keep you posted with development on the pursuit and mop up operations”.
- News2019.12.30Faces At Freedom Radio News Presenter Asmau Muhammad Sani Wedding Reception In Kano
- Education2019.12.18FG Directs Min. Of Education To Hold National Summit On Research
- Agriculture2019.12.16Why Bank Of Agriculture Is Still In Distress – Nanono
- News2019.12.10BREAKING: Court Stops Ganduje From Creating Kano State Council Of Chiefs