‘Some Kano Judges Are Frustrating Anti Graft War’- Muhuyi Magaji

Kano State  Public Complaint and Anti Corruption Commission has expressed disappointment in the attitude of some Judges in the state with the way they grant ex-parte order which is affecting smooth operation of the commission.

The Commission Chairman Muhuyi Magaji Rimigado described ex-parte order stopping the anti graft agency from carrying out investigation on some cases as frustrating and not assisting the course of the commission.

Muhuyi Magaji Rimigado lamented the situation in an interview with Solacebase on Thursdayas a major challenge bedeviling the agency in the anti corruption war.

He explained that though many judges in the state support the fight against corruption with speedy dispensation of cases but there are some who flagrantly pervert course of justice with issuance of ex-parte order stopping the commission from even investigating some cases  which gives the suspected criminals to tamper with evidences .

“ There is a particular case the commission is investigating that has to do with the former Accountant General of the state Hajia Aisha Muhammad Bello that diverted  N100m of local government fund to Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC  through a micro finance Bank , Grassroot Micro Finance Bank which is contrary to the law, but the bank quickly rushed to the court to seek an injuction restraining the agency from carrying out investigation on the issue, “said the Chairman.

“Not quite long there  was a case of  Kofar  Wambi traders and corner shops issue  that we were handling only for the people to rush to court to get an order stopping the agency from continuing  investigation. There was a particular case of close to N100m a suspect allegedly swindle some people only for the suspect to rush to court to get straining order from arrest or investigation, surprisingly the suspect has disappeared as I am speaking to you and his Lawyer has withdrawn from the matter.”

Muhuyi Magaji Rimigado noted that the commission will be left with no option than to report such cases to National Judicial Council if the situation does not change.


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.